Useful Info

Handy contact information for Metchosinites.

Looking for a phone number and not sure who to call? Check out the list below.


CRD Animal Control – animal impoundment, dogs at large, barking dogs, biting or dangerous dogs.

  • Phone: 250-478-0624
  • 1-800-884-0919 – After hours and weekends

Deceased animals – Metchosin Municipal office 250-474-3167 (regular office hours)

If you see a cougar, call the Conservation Officer at 1-877-592-7277
The Metchosin Municipal Office also tracks all bear and cougar sightings at 250-474-3167

Injured animals – Wild ARC – 250-478-9453 (After hours call the Central Victoria Vet Hospital at 250-475-2495)

BC SPCA Emergency Cruelty and wildlife reporting hotline – 1-855-622-7722

Lost and Found pets – FLED and ROAM

Bylaw Enforcement

CRD Bylaws – 250-474-3351 (regular office hours)
Metchosin Bylaws – 250-474-3167 (regular office hours)

For Bylaw infractions requiring urgent action (noise, etc) call the RCMP non-emergency number – 250-474-2264


Emergency – Call 911
Non-emergency – Metchosin fire Department Duty Officer –  250-478-1307


Emergency – Call 911
RCMP – non emergency – 250-474-2264
Crime Stoppers (anonymous tip line) 1-800-222-8477


Metchosin Municipal Office

  • Batteries – Recycle both rechargeable and regular batteries as well as cell phone batteries at Metchosin Hall
  • Cooking Oil – end of the public works yard behind Metchosin Hall
  • CRD blue boxes and bags are also available here

Egg Cartons – Many egg producers will take your egg cartons. See our Roadside Stands page for an egg producer near you.

Refundable bottles and cans. Donation collection bins are available at Metchosin preschool, Community Hall, Hans Helgesen School

CRD Recycling – For missed collection, call 250.385.4399


BC Hydro – 1-888-769-3766 – power outages, lines down
CRD Water – 250-474-9600 – Broken water mains

What’s that noise?

CFB Esquimalt – Blasting – Public affairs officer 250-363-7060